Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 59:11-13

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 59:11-13
"And now, when Moroni saw that the city of Nephihah was lost he was exceedingly sorrowful, and began to doubt, because of the wickedness of the people, whether they should not fall into the hands of their brethren.
Now this was the case with all his chief captains. They doubted and marveled also because of the wickedness of the people, and this because of the success of the Lamanites over them.
And it came to pass that Moroni was angry with the government, because of their indifference concerning the freedom of their country."

I can't help it, these verses fit the way I feel right now with our presidential election process. I have such a feeling of doubt that a good righteous leader will win. I see character assassination of good men taking place. I see people that want to take away the freedom of this country prevailing. It grieves my heart that people can love what is in it for them, more than our freedoms that need to be preserved. This country is in danger and ready to be taken over, or already has been. My heart grieves and I doubt. As I pray I feel nothing. I told my son today this calls for a time of fasting. I don't have the wisdom or power to fix this, but God can. He can inspire men on the course that needs to be taken. Yet I mourn because I saw a good man fail winning the presidency last time and so much damage done to our nation because of it. Will it happen again? These are the times of doubt and you can not find peace as the world will give it. These are the times for fasting and prayer. 

This chapter is short I am left with Moroni being angry with the government. Anger makes you miss the point of what is going on around you. Anger is what a lot of people are feeling right now about our government. I think that anger is being miss directed and causing people to back candidates they would normally never back. I can tell that the message I will read tomorrow or in the coming days, are something I really need to ponder over deeply. 


No comments:

Post a Comment