Friday, January 22, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 26:11-13

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 26:11-13
"But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things, yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
Behold, how many thousands of our brethren has he loosed from the pains of hell; and they are brought to sing redeeming love, and this because of the power of his word which is in us, therefore have we not great reason to rejoice?"

I can feel Ammon's pure joy in being of service to God and seeing the miracle of conversion of some many of his Lamanite brothers. I have never thought he boasted but can totally appreciate the joy in seeing the miracles of God at hand. It is wonderful and marvelous the ways of the Lord. I can almost hear Ammon breaking out in a song of redeeming love. To just be in that moment, to witness miracles and having to just confess it is all God's doing. Nothing was of your strength, you were blessed to be an instrument in his hands. I can sing Ammon's song because I have marveled in God's power in my own humble life. He just went through an amazing experience and praising God just needs to be expressed. This chapter just lets me rejoice with Ammon and praise almighty God too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment