Saturday, January 23, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 27:27

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 27:27
"And they were among the people of Nephi, and also numbered among the people who were of the church of God. And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end."

I just can't keep from crying reading this story of the Anti-Nephi-Lehies. They were no longer safe in their land. Ammon inquired of the Lord and was told to take them back to the land of Zarahemla. On their way back they meet up with Alma, and together Ammon and he go to talk to the chief judge. The people of Zarahelma are then informed of what has taken place for the Anti-Nephi-Lehies and their desire to join them. The people give up the land of Jershon so they can dwell there. Then they set armies around them to protect them. The Nephites call them now the people of Ammon. The love the people of Zarahemla show for them just swells my heart. Would I be willing to give up the land I live, so people being persecuted would have a safe place to dwell? I really hope my answer would be yes. The one thing I do know is that this people were a blessing to those that protected them. I so love both the people of Zarahemla and the people of Ammon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment