Monday, January 25, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 29:14

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 29:14
"But I do not joy in my own success alone, but my joy is more full because of the success of my brethren, who have been up to the land of Nephi."

I have been pondering on having joy for others successes for several days now. It touches my heart to read about it today. I have been pondering on what a pure heart you would have to have to feel joy for others successes. To honesty praise them for a good job done or some fortune to come their way. I know I have not done that in the past because it would threaten me and hurt my pride to have someone succeed or be praised and not me. That is so very wrong of me. I have been trying to do better. I know when I offer sincere praise my heart feels so very different. Now I see from Alma a great example of having joy for others. I want to be like that, I know that is a Christ like attribute, and a desirable thing to possess. 


No comments:

Post a Comment