Thursday, January 7, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 11:34, 40

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 11:34, 40
"And Zeezrom said again: Shall he save his people in their sins? And Amulek answered and said unto him: I say unto you he shall not, for it is impossible for him to deny his word.
And he shall come into the world to redeem his people; and he shall take upon him the transgressions of those who believe on his name; and these are they that shall have eternal life, and salvaton cometh to none else."

I could not help but pondered on how similar Alma & Amulek's times are just like the time I live in today. I hear the false doctrine that everyone will be saved. Doesn't matter your sin you will be saved. At first I would think yes, we all can be saved. But, there is a condition on that, and that is what people are leaving out. All can be forgiven and made clean that come unto Christ and be saved. But, the Lord will never save me in my sins. I cannot be sinful and devilish and obtain all that the Father has too. That is the great lie, and its been going on for all time. People might want to be inclusive and generous and fair and give all equal opportunity. But, we cannot change what God has said, "No unclean thing can inherit the kingdom of heaven." For all to be saved regardless of them repenting would make the whole atonement mean absolutely nothing. I have to ask why would the Savior take upon my sins, and suffer and die for me, if it meant nothing at all? 


No comments:

Post a Comment