Friday, January 8, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 12:14-15

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 12:14-15
"For our words will condemn us, yea, all our works will condemn us; we shall not be found spotless; and our thoughts will also condemn us; and in this awful state we shall not dare to look up to our God; and we would fain be glad if we could command the rocks and the mountains to fall upon us to hide us from his presence.
But this cannot be; we will come forth and stand before him in his glory, and in his power, and in his might, majesty, and dominion, and acknowledge to our everlasting shame that all his judgments are just; that he is just in all his works, and he is merciful unto the children of men, and that he has all power to save every man that believeth on his name and bringeth forth fruit meet for repentance."

Some days its just so hard to settle on just one verse in a chapter. They were all good and I pondered on so many different thoughts. Can I just quote the whole chapter. I finally settled on what I pondered over the longest. What it would be like to stand before God and account for my life.

I tried to place myself in some type of comparison. Who would I be afraid to meet? Who would I shake and tremble at the thought of standing before? Right now today I couldn't think of someone I feared. Then I recalled to my shame the times I had done wrong and did have to fess up, be confronted by, and acknowledge my mistakes and sins. I know if I took all those times and had to repeat them over again at the judgment bar of God, I would want to crawl under a rock. I see now the important thing is to discover where I have done wrong, so I can repent of it before my personal interview with the Lord happens. For if I truly repent my sins will be remembered no more. What mercy to be found clean as I stand before the Lord because I chose to wash my garments in the blood of the lamb. I want to bow with gratitude at His feet for all he has done for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment