Saturday, January 30, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 34:26

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 34:26
"But this is not all; ye must pour out your souls in your closet, and your secret places, and in your wilderness."

I am the most blessed person alive. I have my own closet to pour my soul out to the Lord. I had to sit and ponder on why my closet is so special to me. It's an old utility room long and narrow. So narrow that I cannot stretch my arms out all the way while I sit in my chair. I'm in the farthest corner of the house and you have to make an effort to come see me. I can leave my door open and people still don't usually see or hear me. I can close my door if I don't want to be disturbed. This is my computer room and office. It is the smallest room in the house but in my mind the most important room in the house.

In this quiet intimate room I have found a relationship with the Lord. No one sees me or hears me as I pour my heart and soul out in prayer throughout the day. This is where I read my scriptures and ponder them in my heart. Its only when you are alone do you come to know if your doing things to impress others or your doing it because you love God more. The walls are so close in here I feel like the spirit is burned into them. It's my sanctuary and my personal holy place. I am so blessed, I am so grateful, for the humblest of rooms. I understand why the Lord says to seek such a place. For he will come visit you in such a location. This is where I learn of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment