Monday, January 4, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 8:14-15

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 8:14-15
"And it came to pass that while he was journeying thither, being weighed down with sorrow, wading through much tribulation and anguish of soul, because of the wickedness of the people who were in the city of Ammonihah, it came to pass while Alma was thus weighed down with sorrow, behold an angel of the Lord appeared unto him, saying:
Blessed art thou, Alma; therefore, life up thy head and rejoice, for thou hast great cause to rejoice; for thou hast been faithful in keeping the commandments of God from the time which thou receivedst thy first message from him. Behold, I am he that delivered it unto you."

I love how Lord sends the very angel that delivered his first message to Alma to him again, this time to comfort him. The first time that angel came it was to rebuke Alma and call him to repentance. The next time is to bring him joyful news that his efforts are acceptable of the Lord. 

I sat and pondered on how sometimes it may seem that I have failed in the assignments or missions given me. The expected outcome doesn't happen. But, that isn't how the Lord measures success. What matters is that I am faithful in doing all that he asked. Enduring well means I keep trying. I'm sure Alma was thinking he failed because the people of Ammonihah rejected his message and cast him out. How joyful he must have felt to be told he was counted faithful. I know that would bring joy to my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment