Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 10:25

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 10:25
"But Amulek stretched forth his hand, and cried the mightier unto them, saying: O ye wicked and perverse generation, why hath Satan got such great hold upon your hearts? Why will ye yield yourselves unto him that he may have power over you, to blind your eyes, that ye will not understand the words which are spoken, according to their truth?"

I have reflected often on how people can have the truth right in front of them yet not grasp it. I'm not just talking in matters of religion, but in all areas of our lives. I see it most frequently when people are being interviewed on television. The truth of a matter will be presented to a person, they will then be questioned or asked to explain. Instead the interviewee will talk about something totally different. Like they never heard the question. They simply can't acknowledge what is plain before everyone else eyes. They do not realize we see right through their attempt to deceive. That blindness and lack of understanding comes from Satan. The ability to see through deception comes from the spirit of the Lord.

While pondering on this I realized the Lord has an opposite plan. Instead of blinding my eyes he will lift the veil of darkness from them as I turn to him. He has laid out in the scriptures all his mysteries. Those following Satan will be blind to their full meaning. As I come unto Christ he will reveal line upon line all things as I am ready to receive them. Otherwise I would be under condemnation for what I have been told but wasn't strong enough to live up to. As I hunger after righteous I will be made to see all things. So the Lord's path into the full light is for my protection. He will give greater knowledge and understanding as the veil of darkness is taken from my mind through righteousness. I really like this plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment