Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Moses 4:1-3

Today's Favorite Verse: Moses 4:1-3
"And I, the Lord God, spake unto Moses, saying: That Satan, whom thou hast commanded in the name of mine Only Begotten, is the same which was from the beginning, and he came before me, saying - Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surly I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor.
But, behold, my Beloved Son, which was my Beloved and Chosen from the beginning, said unto me - Father, thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever.
Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down."

God is telling Moses how Satan became the devil. I found it interesting that Moses experienced prior to this the reality of Satan and his demands to be worshiped. It was only through calling on the name of Christ that Satan could be commanded to depart. Moses knew from his own experience exactly who God was talking about.

Satan is still trying to destroy the agency of man. This is the most precious gift I have been given by the Father. The ability to chose. Though those choices do have consequences. My heart is so full of gratitude for my Savior and his willingness to atone for my sins. It is the only way possible for me to make it back to the Father's presence. I just had to sit and reflect on that for a while. What a marvelous plan this is.

Day 563

No comments:

Post a Comment