Saturday, October 22, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Joseph Smith - History 1:19, 26

Today's Favorite Verse: Joseph Smith - History 1:19, 26
"I was answered that I must join none of them for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: "they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for the doctrine the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof."
I had not got my mind satisfied so far as the sectarian world was concerned - that it was not my duty to join with any of them, but to continue as I was until further directed. I had found the testimony of James to be true - that a man who lacked wisdom might ask of God, and obtain, and not be upbraided."

The last time I read this verse was in answer to a prayer on who to vote for, when the nominees for several primary parties had been selected. My soul was troubled about my choices. I  prayed to know God's will in the matter. I acknowledged the flaws I had found in each of them, but my absolute willingness to vote for whomever I needed to, regardless if I abhorred them, and I sincerely meant it. I was absolutely willing to do that. In answer to prayer this verse came to mind and I was told to choose none of them. I had never thought of the story of Joseph Smith's first vision in this manner before. I was also told I could choose between a very minor third party candidate or write in a name. The choice was mine free to choose. 

Since that time another candidate has come on the scene and I have felt I would not be against my moral principles to vote for them. I have been weighing this matter on my mind. I was almost there, like 99% there, something wasn't right, so I have been waiting. For I know Satan can tell you 99% truth, but the 1% lie is where he gets you. Today as I read this chapter I tried so hard to not look at it in a political way. I wanted with all my heart to read it in a spiritual way, as I always had. But, all of this just came back to my mind. Even the answer I had previously been given. The spirit could not be rejected in this matter. I realized as in verse 26 I "had not got my mind satisfied", and I needed to "continue as I was until further directed".

I have spent most of the day listening to that minor little candidate that no one seems to ever hear about. I have been pouring over interviews with him and my heart has been touched. More than touched. I have been in tears. So far I find nothing that is amiss, or what I have to settle on. I am going to continue listening to these interviews, because I never gave him a fair chance before. Then I will go back to that candidate I had started to consider, and compare. Maybe I will learn something about the 1% that seems off. I have time, the decision doesn't have to be made today. But, I know I am on the course I need to take. Then I will take this matter to prayer, for confirmation.

What I have decided is that my relationship with the Lord, and where my heart stands is of the utmost importance to me. I know whomever I vote for won't win, and I am ok with that. I have an absolute confirmation to choose none of the major political candidates. I cannot be swayed, and anyone that tries to change my mind in the matter does not understand how I love the Lord more. How answer to prayer is answer to prayer, regardless of the outcome. I also understand the answer to my prayer may be different than the answer someone else gets. Not everyone over the ages, asking the same prayer as Joseph Smith, got the same answer either. Sometimes the roles we are meant to play are different than another's. Receiving a different answer does not bother me or change my mind in the least. When there is peace in a matter, on what is right for me, there is peace. It is God that knows what is right for each of us.


Day 574



No comments:

Post a Comment