Sunday, October 23, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Articles of Faith 1

Today's Favorite Verse: Articles of Faith 1
"We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost."

I am at the end of the Pearl of Great Price. Tomorrow I will start on the Old Testament. When Joseph Smith was asked to define the Latter-day Saint religion he wrote out 13 basic beliefs of our faith. As I read through them I asked myself which is the most important? Which means the most to me? They all do. Yet to go back and review, the very first one is a vital key. That the Godhead is made up of three distinct individuals. God the Eternal Father, his son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost.

The Father and the Son appeared to Joseph Smith in the sacred grove as he humbly asked which church to join. The thought that the Father and Son were separate beings was no longer known among men. Joseph was persecuted as a young 14 year old boy for saying it. This testimony he could never deny. I have been raised on this belief of a loving Heavenly Father, that sent his only begotten Son to die for me. That the Holy Spirit can confirm all the words of Christ, and personally tutor and direct me in my life. Knowing they are separate beings, but one in purpose, means so very much to me. It is so part of every fiber of my being. I cannot read the scriptures and not think of them any other way. To take that from me I would be lost. For this is a mystery of God, that is now clear to the understanding of men, because a young boy thought to pray.


Day 575

No comments:

Post a Comment