Monday, October 24, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 1:26

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 1:26
"And God said, Let us make man in our own image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

I am reading the King James version of the bible. I love how poetic it is, and how the spirit flows as I read it. The language style is very similar to the other scriptures of my faith. I know it is the word of God. I believe the King James version is one of the most correct versions of the bible available. What gratitude I have for those that sacrificed their lives to bring about the English translation of the bible for me.

As I read this chapter I thought about my scripture reading yesterday. That God the Eternal Father, his Son, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are three separate beings. As I read this verse in Genesis I can see an echo of that here in this verse. "God said, Let us make man in our own image.." Who is the us that God is referring to? It is his very son Jesus Christ that did the will of the Father in preparing this earth for all of us. I am sure there were other great ones with them, that by the power of the priesthood they were able to create this earth. What a beautiful earth it is. I am so grateful for all that the Father has done for me to be here. I am so grateful for a physical body created in His image. This was no freak of nature to have created such a marvelous thing.


Day 576

No comments:

Post a Comment