Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Abraham 4:26-27

Today's Favorite Verse: Abraham 4:26-27
"And the Gods took counsel among themselves and said: Let us go down and form man in our image, after our likeness; and we will give them dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping things that creepeth upon the earth.
So the Gods went down to organize man in their own image, in the image of the Gods to form they him, male and female to form they them."

To simply know that my body is designed after the image of God helps me feel like I am one of his children. I have believed this since I was a child. It helped me understand the concept of God being a loving Heavenly Father. I cannot imagine what it must feel like to think of God without a body but just everywhere. I think I would feel much more distant from him. To think that God wanted me to be formed in his image means he expects me to become like him.


Day 571

No comments:

Post a Comment