Friday, October 28, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 5:22-24

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 5:22-24
"And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:
And Enoch walked with God: and he was not, for God took him."

I noticed that it said Enoch walked with God three hundred years before he was taken. Three hundred years is a very long time. I did some scripture chasing and found this verse in Moses 7:21 "And it came to pass that the Lord showed unto Enoch all the inhabitants of the earth; and he beheld, and lo, Zion, in process of time, was taken up into heaven. And the Lord said unto Enoch: Behold mine abode forever."

Yesterday, I was pondering on the process of time it took for someone to apostatize. So today I pondered on the process of time to be translated. Neither action happens over night. 

Hebrews 11:5-6 "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

What a powerful thing faith is. Faith to believe in God is everything, and yet so basic that a little child can comprehend it. Faith that as I seek him, I will find him. Faith that one day that sure testimony will come, that I am walking in God's ways and please him. Faith will become a knowledge that I will live with Him one day. I absolutely do not need to be a translated being like Enoch, to have the same reward of eternal life. Receiving that testimony as he did is what should be sought. What a comfort this brings to me.

Day 580


No comments:

Post a Comment