Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 2:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Genesis 2:7
"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

I had to do a little scripture chase for I was pondering on the breath of life, and the soul of man. This verse in Genesis doesn't mention putting in the spirit of man as other verses do.

Abraham 5:7 "And the Gods formed man from the dust of the ground, and took his spirit (that is, the man's spirit), and put it into him; and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul."

Doctrine & Covenants 88:15 "And the spirit and the body are the soul of man.

I went back to Genesis 2:5 and read that God created "every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew.."  This is referencing the spiritual creation of everything before it was physically created. I think in verse 7 it implies that man's spirit was created before the physical body was made. So then I wondered what the breath of life is?

As I have been pondering this, I have come to believe the breath of life is when the spirit enters the body. The spirit being like the hand inside a glove bringing it to life. When the spirit leaves the body it is an empty shell. I had never thought about God giving even me the breath of life just like he did to Adam. For it is God that controls when the spirit enters or leaves the body. It is God that determines when I became a living soul.


Day 577



No comments:

Post a Comment