Thursday, October 6, 2016

Today's Favorite Verse: D&C Official Declaration 1

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants Official Declaration 1
"The Lord will never permit me or any other man who stands as President of this Church to lead you astray. It is not in the programme. It is not in the mind of God. If I were to attempt that, the Lord would remove me out of my place, and so He will any other man who attempts to lead the children of men astray from the oracles of God and from their duty.
It matters not who lives or who dies, or who is called to lead this Church, they have got to lead it by the inspiration of Almighty God. If they do not do it that way, they cannot do it at all..."

It comforts me to know that the prophet that is at the head of the Church can never lead me astray. It is only me going astray when I do not listen to his council and advice. I can only imagine how serious the prophet must feel about his calling. Knowing that if he was to speak contrary to God's will and lead the saints astray he would be removed. I had to sit and ponder on how even my words and actions that could lead others astray would have to be accounted for in the next life. That is a very serious responsibility. One if looked in that light you wouldn't take lightly.  


Day 558

No comments:

Post a Comment