Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 25:17-18

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 25:17-18
"And it came to pass that after Alma had taught the people many things, and had made an end of speaking to them, that king Limhi was desirous that he might be baptized; and all his people were desirous that they might be baptized also.
Therefore, Alma did go forth into the water and did baptize them; yea, he did baptize them after the manner he did his brethren in the waters of Mormon; yea, and as many as he did baptize did belong to the church of God; and this because of their belief on the words of Alma."

As I read these verses tears came to my eyes. What a tender mercy of the Lord to let me sit and reflect on baptism, on this the 50th anniversary of my family joining the church. My parents and two oldest siblings were baptized. I was to young to be baptized, along with an older and younger brother. But I will always think of this as my anniversary day too. What a blessing it was to our family to become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I cannot comprehend a life without the gospel in it. I am so very grateful to the missionaries that taught my family the gospel, and lead to so many blessings in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment