Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 24:1, 5, 8, 11

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 24:1, 5, 8, 11
And it came to pass that Amulon did gain favor in the eyes of the king of the Lamanites; therefore, the king of the Lamanites granted unto him and his brethren that they should be appointed teachers over his people, yea, even over the people who were in the land of Shemlon, and in the land of Shilom, and the land of Amulon.
And they were a people friendly one with another; nevertheless they knew not god; neither did the brethren of Amulon teach them anything concerning the Lord their God, neither the law of Moses; nor did they teach them the words of Abinadi;
And now it came to pass that Amulon began to exercise authority over Alma and his brethren, and began to persecute him, and cause that his children should persecute their children.
And Amulon commanded them that they should stop their cries; and he put guards over them to watch them, that whosoever should be found calling upon God should be put to death."

There are so many good verses in this chapter. So many things to ponder over. What I decided to focus on it how I could liken this story to my day.  

If you want to change the way a nations thinks and believes then you change who is educating the people. The teachers here took God out of the education. I can liken this to what is happening in our schools and colleges today. In fact we are getting many professors that are anti-Christ completely. Soon you'll have a generation of children and adults that think nothing of persecuting others for their beliefs.

The message is very clear where this type of education of a nation will take us. The saints will be watched for any offense and persecuted. They will be in bondage and face death. 

The joyous ending of this chapter is that the Lord strengthen his people so they can bear their burdens. Then he speaks to the prophet for the people to be prepared for he will deliver them. The Lord causes a deep sleep to come over the Lamanites. The people gather their flocks and belongings and are able to flee. They make it safely to Zarahemla to gather with the rest of the saints.

I know that this is a foreshadow of what is to come. I know if I keep my covenants with the Lord he will remember me in my trials. He will make me strong enough to bear them. He will deliver me from my enemies. He will bring me to safety. There is peace in knowing the Lord will never forsake those that love him.  


No comments:

Post a Comment