Saturday, December 12, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 14:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 14:7
"He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb so he opened not his mouth."

Abinadi is quoting Isaiah 53 and reminding king Noah and his priests of the prophesies of Christ and his atonement. I think this part would have touched the heart of Alma, who as a priest of king Noah, would be there listening. At least I know reviewing what the Savior has done for me really touches my heart.

I picked this verse because I have pondered a lot on the power of not opening your mouth. There are times to speak and share the gospel. There are times it is so precious that to have others mock it, which will cause the spirit to flee, that it is wiser to keep your mouth shut. There are also times that the bait of contention people are trying to rise, that its better to say nothing at all and go your way.

I have learned more about the Savior and grown closer to him as I have learned to keep my mouth shut. There is something holy in the moment when someone mocks and tries to destroy your faith and you simply say "You can believe what you want" and then walk away. People can hate you and say mean things about you, yet you can show love and kindness towards them. The pride that comes when you try to prove your point or correct falsehoods is not worth it. I can never share the gospel or teach others if I'm the only one right all the time. Sharing the gospel can only come when you have humility and love for others. There are times to speak and there are times to be quiet. It is only through the spirit that I can have the wisdom to know the difference. 


No comments:

Post a Comment