Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 18:8-10

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 18:8-10
"And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another's burdens, that they may be light;
Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need to comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life -
Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?

This is my baptismal covenant and so important to review. I promise I will serve God and keep his commandments. I will bear my brother's and sisters burdens so they will be light. I will mourn with those that mourn and comfort them. I will stand as a witness of God at all times. I pondered on various times where I have done all these things. It really touched my heart reflecting on all those that I have mourn with. Not just in the death of loved ones but other losses in their lives. Those have been very tender times. I know I will continue to try my hardest to stay on this path.

What is beautiful to me are the promises the Lord gives me in return. I would be in His fold and called his people. I will be redeemed and numbered among those in the first resurrection. He will pour his Spirit more abundantly upon me. I reflected on how needful it is to have the spirit because it will guide me in keeping my covenants and on the path to return to my Heavenly Father again.


No comments:

Post a Comment