Thursday, December 17, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 19:20

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 19:20
And the king commanded them that they should not return; and they were angry with the king, and caused that the should suffer, even unto death by fire."

It's not really my favorite verse to see someone die by fire. What it is reminding me of is Abinadi's words in Mosiah 13:9-10
"But I finish my message; and then it matters not whither I go, if it so be that I am saved.
But this much I tell you, what you do with me, after this, shall be a type and a shadow of things which are to come."

King Noah put Abinadi to death by fire, and in turn King Noah's people put him to death by fire. The words of prophesy are fulfilled. That made me ponder on the blessings I have seen in keeping the commandments and following the prophet, and the effects that have come for not. The words of a prophet always come true. Right now the blessing of paying tithing, and the "fire insurance" it provides really stands out to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment