Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 17:10

Today's Favorite Verse: Mosiah 17:10
"Yea, and I will suffer even until death, and I will not recall my words, and they shall stand as a testimony against you. And if ye slay me ye will shed innocent blood, and this shall also stand as a testimony against you at the last day."

I just had to cry at Abinadi's final words and testimony. From his testimony the heart of one young man named Alma was changed. He was able to hear Alma speak words in his defense, requesting that the king let him depart in peace. For that Alma was cast out and the kings servants were sent to slay him. I wondered if Abinadi was blessed to know that Alma would survive and preach the gospel to many. 

I pondered on how it only takes one planted seed, one person to accept the gospel, and the heart of a whole nation can change. The price we may pay for sharing the gospel, and the blessings that await us if we do. I will be honored to some day meet Abinadi and tell him his testimony touched my heart too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment