Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Mormon 8:2-3, 35

Today's Favorite Verse: Mormon 8:2-3, 35
"And now it came to pass that after the great and tremendous battle at Cumorah, behold, the Nephites who had escaped into the country southward were hunted by the Lamanites, until they were all destroyed.
And my father also was killed by them, and I even remain alone to write the sad tale of the destruction of my people. But behold, they are gone, and I fulfil the commandment of my father. And whether they will slay me, I know not.
Behold, I speak unto you as if ye were present, and yet ye are not. But behold, Jesus Christ hath shown you unto me, and I know your doing."

Mormon has died and Moroni finishes the plates for his father. He will then hide up the records in the earth to be brought forth when the Lord sees fit. I was struck while reading this that Mormon knows nothing about his remaining days. 

He says "whither I go it mattereth not." (vs 4), I am alone..how long the Lord will suffer that I may live I know not (vs 5), no one knoweth the end of the war (vs 8), regarding the disciples of Jesus who tarried in the land... whether they be upon the face of the land no man knoweth (vs 10), they have ministered unto us (vs 11).

What he does know is our days. Moroni still had to live by faith for his day to day existence. Yet, by faith he could see our day. I realized that is exactly how we live now. We don't know how things will go for us, and it really doesn't matter. For all things are in the hands of the Lord, if we let him hold it. No matter how dark things may be there is still hope to hold onto that all will be well in the end. 


Day 1976

No comments:

Post a Comment