Sunday, August 9, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 22:2

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 22:2
"Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thy habitations; spare not, lengthen thy cords and strengthen thy stakes;"

I saw this happen today. For some blessed reason my stake was invited to a devotional with church headquarters. From my home I listened to Elder David A. Bednar, Quorum of the Twelve Apostles; Elder Terence M. Vinson, Presidency of the Seventy, and his wife Kay Vinson; Elder Craig C. Christensen, Utah Area President, and his wife Debbie Christensen. In unity they strengthened this stake of Zion and me.

I have had so many things come to my mind as I have pondered their words this Sabbath day. I wanted to share what I took notes on and stood out to me, but I can't. Not that anyone said I couldn't, its just that they are so deep inside of my heart and welding together it just isn't time yet. There is one thing I will share, the apostolic blessing that Elder David A. Bednar left us with.

"I invoke a blessing upon you that according to your desire and your diligence, that you may be blessed to have eyes to see and ears to hear, the remarkable lessons that can be learned through the constraints that we would not want to experience, but we are now experiencing. I express my love to you. I declare my witness and I invoke these blessings upon you in the sacred name of the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen." 
(David A. Bednar, "Apostolic Blessing", Utah American Fork (South) - Member Devotional, Sunday, August 9, 2020)

I realize that what I have experienced after this blessing is that my eyes and ears are beginning to see and hear, and learn. What a strength this has left this little grain of sand in the kingdom. I have been so blessed.


Day 1959

No comments:

Post a Comment