Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 25:1

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 25:1
"For behold, the day cometh that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble; and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of Hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch."

I decided I should ponder on the other verses in this short chapter. For I am always drawn to the coming of Elijah the prophet and its literal fulfillment.

I pondered on how pride or being proud is the root of every sin. It is the door we have to keep shut for when it is open all temptations follow. The adversary knows this and that is how he tempts those that are righteous and trying to do what is right. He will feed on their pride and that is what takes them down. I know pride is what so easily causes me to not hear the spirit as I should. For pride is what takes away humility. It is the leaving of humility and the turning over to pride that causes a spiritual change to take place. I have gotten to the point I can feel it when it is starting to happen. That is only because it has happened often enough, and I've pondered on the path of its progression and downfall that I know my warning signs. This is when I earnestly pray and ask for help to remain humble and not compelled to be humble. To do otherwise is to risk the loss of the spirit to guide me, and some very hard lessons to learn.

Once the spirit is lost to the person the heart is no longer on eternal things. They no longer look to God or care about what is right. They will jeopardize their eternal progression, and family connections for the praise of the world. Living in the great and spacious building means more to them then temple blessings. The temple ordinances and the sealing power to join the roots (parents and ancestors) to their branches (children and posterity) is tossed aside by them. They are left to be consumed as stubble in a field that cannot grow. They are cutoff not only from their families but also from the sealing blessings. More importantly they are cut off from the Lord. Without the Lord there is no eternal progression. What an absolute means of compelling someone to be humbled than to leave them as stubble in the field, that cannot grow.



Day 1962

No comments:

Post a Comment