Saturday, August 29, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Ether 2:10, 12

Today's Favorite Verse: Ether 2:10, 12
"For behold, this is a land which is choice above all other lands; wherefore he that doth possess it shall serve God or shall be swept off; for it is the everlasting decree of God. And it is not until the fulness of iniquity among the children of the land, that they are swept off.
Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ, who hath been manifested by the things which we have written."

Many thoughts on this chapter but I don't know if I can express them. I reflected a lot on the condition of this wonderful land I live in and how iniquity is displayed all over the news. If it wasn't for the God-fearing people that still live here, I think we would have been swept off this land. It happened to the Jaredites. It happened to the Nephites. With an everlasting decree it means if we don't meet the condition of serving God in this land then we will be wiped off too. I can't change anyone else, but what I can do is serve God with all my heart. As I pondered on this, I think serving God is the most patriotic thing I could do for my country.


Day 1979

No comments:

Post a Comment