Sunday, August 23, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Mormon 5:2, 23

Today's Favorite Verse: Mormon 5:2, 23
"But behold, I was without hope, for I knew the judgments of the Lord which should come upon them; for they repented not of their iniquities, but did struggle for their lives without calling upon that Being who created them."
Know ye not that ye are in the hands of God? Know ye not that he hath all power, and at his great command the earth shall be rolled together as a scroll?"

Mormon agrees to once again lead the Nephites in battle, but he has no hope for them. They have turned their backs on God. I see again that when there is no hope for them he turns to us. To fulfill his mission in preserving and abridging the plates. He gives his counsel and advice which I am sure he wished he could have given to those around him.

I love imagery of being in the hands of God. If I could just stay within His hands I would never be lost or go astray. His hands would watch over me, protect me, sustain me, lift me, support me, give me power and direction to do His will. The comfort and peace knowing you're in God's had and his watchful eye is ever on me, mean we're never alone. I am sure that Mormon felt he was in God's hands.


Day 1973

No comments:

Post a Comment