Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 18:20

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 18:20
"And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you."

I have thought a lot on this and I hope I can put it into words. I do not believe that just because I want something bad enough and it is good that I can pray and it will happen. I do believe that the answers to my prayers are according to the Father's will. If the Father's will is that something does or doesn't happen then that is what will happen. So what is the role of prayer? To me the key is knowing by the spirit what to ask for. If I am in tune with the spirit I will know what I should or shouldn't ask for. It is through the promptings of the spirit that I will not ask amiss, and that which I pray for will be according to the Father's will and be right. When the spirit bears witness to me that what I ask is right then with faith and belief I will receive it.

I have experienced being stopped from asking for something, even when it is a good or righteous thing. In those moments I have come to learn to accept the Father's will for me, and been at peace over the matter. It takes just as much faith to accept when something is not right to ask for, as it does to ask for something when it is right.


Day 1955

No comments:

Post a Comment