Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 24:10-11

Today's Favorite Verse: 3 Nephi 24:10-11
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in my house; and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the fields, saith the Lord of Hosts."

This last verse meant something to me today, because of the fields in the mid-west that lost their crops yesterday. Literally, the storm "cast her fruit before the time of the fields". In the first verse it mentions that the paying of tithes would have prevented this. So did the farmers not pay tithing? I have no idea who even knows or understands this principle now. What I do know is there are some that do, and I'm sure there are even some that paid tithing and lost their crops.

As I reflected on this I realized the farmers crops are not just his crops, they are mine too. I count on their crops and buy from them. In a way they are my crops too. This situation was not just a reflection of a farmer paying tithing or not, its upon a nation that has left God behind them. When God gives the voice of warning all feel the affects of it.

The difference is those that put God first by paying their tithes, and love him with all their hearts, will have eyes that see and ears that hear because the windows of heaven are opened to them. The blessings come when you are inspired in how to protect yourself and loved ones from the suffering that will come. Even with that I sure hope I get a chance to read a story about some farmer that paid his tithing and his crops survived. It's not that I have to see it to believe it, its just that I know it had to have happened and somehow the story has to make its way to me.


Day 1961

No comments:

Post a Comment