Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 48:8, 35

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 48:8, 35
"And by the border of Judah, from the east side unto the west side, shall be the offering which ye shall offer of five and twenty thousand reeds in breath, and in length as one of the other parts, from the east side unto the west side: and the sanctuary shall be in the midst of it.
It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The Lord is there."

The Joseph Smith translation of this verse is..."and the name of the city from that day shall be called, Holy; for the Lord shall be there."

It also references this verse.

"And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God."
(Revelation 21:3)

It seems like that day is coming sooner and sooner all the time. I cannot even comprehend how people are thinking what they are thinking. Yet I have no fear. That is because there is a prophet of God on the earth that speaks with the Lord. I was listening to October 2018 General Conference talks by President Russell M. Nelson this morning and how grateful I am in my heart to know he is a prophet of God. I loved this quote in his talk "Becoming Exemplary Latter-day Saints".

"My dear brothers and sisters, the assaults of the adversary are increasing exponentially, in intensity and in variety. Our need to be in the temple on a regular basis has never been greater. I plead with you to take a prayerful look at how you spend your time. Invest time in your future and in that of your family. If you have reasonable access to a temple, I urge you to find a way to make an appointment regularly with the Lord—to be in His holy house—then keep that appointment with exactness and joy. I promise you that the Lord will bring the miracles He knows you need as you make sacrifices to serve and worship in His temples."

Interesting that to prepare for the second coming I need to go to the house of the Lord. When the Lord comes I will right at home in his holy city, with a temple within, for he will be there.



Day 1425

No comments:

Post a Comment