Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Daniel 6:22-23

Today's Favorite Verse: Daniel 6:22-23
"My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.
Then was the king exceeding glad for him, and commanded that they should take Daniel up out of the den. So Daniel was taken up out of the den, and no manner of hurt was found upon him, because he believed in his God.

Daniel and the lion's den is an old familiar primary story. What I thought about this time was my trials. Truly this was a big trial for Daniel and also for the king. But the Lord used this trial for their gain. Not only did they witness a miracle with the lions' mouth being shut, and Daniel receiving no harm, there were lessons to learn. The wicked men that plotted against Daniel were cast into the same pit and devoured. The king and the people were able to recognize that the God of Daniel was the living God, and his dominion shall never end. This is a teaching opportunity and all that Daniel needed to do was remain faithful and allow the Lord to use him for his purposes. I can see how trials I have gone through and still am, have been used in many ways for me to testify of the mercy and healing power of the Lord. That He will strengthen us, guide us and prepare the way before us. That burdens are made light when the Lord is by our side to strength us.


Day 1431


No comments:

Post a Comment