Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 33:8

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 33:8
"When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand."

The chapter header states the "watchmen who rise the warning voice save their own souls". I can understand plainly the Lord is speaking to Ezekiel and all the prophets, and priesthood leaders called as judges in Israel. They are to sound the warning voice and warn the wicked to turn from their wicked ways. What I wonder is what my role is in this? Am I to go around and tell everyone I see sinning to not sin? I would be a very busy person if I fulfilled this absolutely. Would I also not become a judge? Am I told not to judge others? So I sit and wonder what is my role?

I see so many things that pain me. Today I cried many tears over the news stories. Yet, I found I could make no comments. In a way I feel restrained from passing judgment and commenting. Do the wicked not feel embolden when there is no one that stands in opposition? I have no answers, but I can honestly say there are times I know I should say more, and there are times I need to keep my mouth shut. I can only hope and pray I keep the spirit as my constant companion to have wisdom to know the difference. One thing is for sure I do not want to stand condemned before the Lord because I did not open my mouth when I should have. I guess maybe that's the key, it is to be done when move upon by the Holy Spirit. That's probably why this begins with "when I say".



Day 1410


No comments:

Post a Comment