Saturday, February 16, 2019

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 44:5, 9

Today's Favorite Verse: Ezekiel 44:5, 9
"And the Lord said unto me, Son of man, mark well, and behold with thine eyes, and hear with thine ears all that I say unto thee concerning all the ordinances of the house of the Lord, and all the laws thereof; and mark well the entering in of the house, with every going forth of the sanctuary.
Thus saith the Lord God; No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel."

This is why there is a temple recommend desk at the doors of the temple. You cannot proceed past that desk without showing a current active temple recommend and having it scanned. The recommend is obtain by first meeting with my local bishop and stake president or one of their counselors. I am interviewed and if found worthy the recommend is good for two years. If during that two year period I transgress to the point I should not access the temple, then it becomes invalid. If scanned at the temple access is denied. I am grateful they can do that, for if my recommend is ever stolen I can have access turned off and go get a new one. My temple recommend is my most cherished possession and I keep it with me always. No matter where I travel if there is a House of the Lord there I can enter. May it always be so.

Star Valley Temple

Day 1421

No comments:

Post a Comment