Saturday, April 28, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 74:18

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 74:18
"Remember this, that the enemy hath reproached, O Lord, and that the foolish people have blasphemed thy name."

This made me think of this commandment.

"Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain."
(Exodus 20:7)

How foolish indeed are those that take the Lord God's name in vain. It hurts my heart as I hear it so casually used. Some are so used to swearing they don't even know what they are saying. They speak the words of a fool. As I have often thought upon this frequently abused commandment I have come to see it as a cursing that the individual asks God to pronounces upon their own head. For if I can pray to God for deliverance and he hears me, how powerful are the words when he is called in vain? Truly it is foolishness to think there are no repercussions for committing this sin. The first I believe is spiritual death, for the spirit cannot reside in such a tabernacle. 



Day 1127

No comments:

Post a Comment