Friday, April 13, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 59:9, 16-17

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 59:9, 16-17
"Because of his strength will I wait upon thee: for God is my defence.
But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.
Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy."

As I was pondering on these words I realized you cannot sing aloud without someone hearing you. If God is my defence and refuge then I need to testify of it. When I testify of gospel truths and God's hand in my life, I am strengthened in my own faith.

"Nevertheless, ye are blessed, for the testimony which ye have borne is recorded in heaven for the angels to look upon; and they rejoice over you, and your sins are forgiven you."
(Doctrine and Covenants 62:3)

Bruce R. McConkie (Quorum of the Twelve) said:
"The relationship between the bearing of testimony by the power of the Holy Ghost and the forgiveness of sins illustrates a glorious gospel truth. It is that whenever faithful saints gain the companionship of the Holy Spirit, they are clean and pure before the Lord, for the Spirit will not dwell in an unclean tabernacle. Hence, they thereby receive a remission of those sins committed after baptism."
(The Mortal Messiah 3:40)



Day 1112

No comments:

Post a Comment