Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 63:6

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 63:6
"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches."

Waking in the middle of the night with insomnia used to be so difficult. I would toss and turn and sleep would escape me. Now when I wake my first thought is what is the Lord going to teach me? I grab my cell phone and begin to read my scriptures while laying in my bed. I can read for hours with such a hunger to learn. Scriptures will just open up to me. When sleep starts to come, I actually resent it. But, I know I must rest if only for 20 minutes before my day must begin. I marvel that I am not exhausted from my lack of sleep. It's like my body was at rest while my soul was feasting on the words of the Lord.

I guess I'm not alone in awaking in the middle of the night to be taught. Samuel as a child heard his name during the night. It was Eli that taught him to say "Speak; for thy servant heareth." and the Lord came to him. Even Joseph the father of Jesus was raised from sleep by an angel of the Lord. The KSL program "President Nelson: Brilliant Mind, Gentle Heart" has President & Sister Nelson speaking of him receiving revelation during the middle of the night. It's funny how you can have such a paradigm shift over waking up in the middle of the night. The difference is who's will am I seeking to serve.

(Revelation in the night 1:12 mark)


Day 1116

No comments:

Post a Comment