Thursday, April 19, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 65:1-2

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 65:1-2
"Praise waiteth for thee, O God, in Sion: and unto thee shall the vow be performed.
O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come."

This made me think about what happened to me and my good friend Laura this past Saturday. We met at my house so we could carpool together up to Centerville's Family Discovery Day. As Laura started to pull out of my drive way I stopped her, so we could say a prayer for our safety and protection first. We head 1 1/2 blocks down the road to the intersection. The light was green as we were approaching and then turned yellow as we entered the intersection. All of a sudden I saw a car speeding through the intersection against the light. I gasped and Laura turned the wheel hard to avoid what would have been a horrible accident. It rather stunned us. We continued a couple blocks before Laura pulled over and this time she said a prayer of thanksgiving for the protection we just received. The thanking is just as important as the asking in the eyes of the Lord.



Day 1118

No comments:

Post a Comment