Thursday, April 26, 2018

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 72:13

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 72:13
"He shall spare the poor and needy, and shall save the souls of the needy."

The chapter header says, "David speaks of Solomon, who is made a type of the Messiah - He will have dominion - His name will endure forever - All nations will call him blessed - The whole earth will be filled with the glory of the Lord."

This verse made me think about the Sermon on the Mount. Given by the Lord in the New Testament and in the Book of Mormon after his resurrection.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
(Matthew 5:3)

"Yea, blessed are the poor in spirit who come unto me, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
(3 Nephi 12:3)

Being poor and needy has nothing to do with money. It has everything to do with my heart and humbly turning to the Lord for deliverance. I need Him. Only then can He save my soul.



Day 1125

No comments:

Post a Comment