Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 8:11

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 8:11
"Which also king David did dedicate unto the Lord, with the silver and gold that he had dedicated of all nations which he subdued;"

Dedication made me think of the law of consecration. In the Scripture Study Helps I found this on the subject.

"To dedicate, to make holy, or to become righteous. The law of consecration is a divine principle whereby men and women voluntarily dedicate their time, talents, and material wealth to the establishment and building up of God's kingdom."

I remembered reading these quotes in my "Starting and Growing My Business for Self-Reliance" manual (pg 9). I had to go find them and record them because I didn't want to forget them. It had really struck me when I read them.

"The Lord has the power to help us become self-reliant. He has said "Behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles" (2 Nephi 27:23). As we dedicate, or consecrate, our efforts in our businesses to the holy purpose of becoming self-reliant, the Lord will guide us through inspiration. As we show our faith by listening for and obeying promptings, the Lord will do His miracles and make more out of our efforts than we could ever do on our own."

"To consecrate is to set apart or dedicate something as sacred, devoted to holy purposes."  (D. Todd Christofferson)


Day 850

No comments:

Post a Comment