Thursday, July 20, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 3:1

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 3:1
"Now there was long war between the house of Saul and the house of David: but David waxed stronger and stronger, and the house of Saul waxed weaker and weaker."

I pondered on how doors opened up to strength the house of David. The ripple effect of one single false claim against Abner turned his loyalty to David, and weakened Saul's son Ish-bosheth support.

This make me think of this scripture

"Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise."  (Alma 37:6)

David in his youth was anointed by Samuel to be king over Israel. Over the years David must have wondered how it would all happen. After Saul's death David inquired of the Lord on where to go and was told Hebron. From there he was made king of Judah. I pondered on times when I know things are going to happen just not how they will happen. What I have to do is just trust in the Lord and the plan as it is given me. The Lord always has a better plan that what I can envision.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5)

Day 845

No comments:

Post a Comment