Thursday, July 27, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 10:2

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 10:2
"Then said David, I will shew kindness unto Hanun the son of Nahash, as his father shewed kindness unto me. And David sent to comfort him by the hand of his servants for his father. And David's servants came into the land of the children of Ammon."

I didn't recall any mention of Nahash showing kindness to David. I then searched the scriptures and couldn't find that answer. All I can think is this must have happened during the time that Saul persecuted David and he fled to the land of the Philistines. I thought it rather sad that David's motives were not taken at face value. That instead princes of the children of Ammon have to cast doubt and suspicion. This all made me think about how nations can never get along if we cannot stop war long enough to trust but verify.  


Day 852

No comments:

Post a Comment