Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Samuel 18:5, 14-15, 30

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Samuel 18:5, 14-15, 30
"And David went out whithersoever Saul sent him, and behaved himself wisely: and Saul set him over the men of war, and he was accepted in the sight of all the people, and also in the sight of Saul's servants.
And David behaved himself wisely in all his ways; and the Lord was with him.
Wherefore when Saul saw that he behaved himself very wisely, he was afraid of him.
Then the princes of the Philistines went forth: and it came to pass, after they went forth, that David behaved himself more wisely than all the servants of Saul; so that his name was much set by."

I noticed in this chapter that four times it says David "behaved himself wisely".  Saul wanted nothing more than to take David down. It was ever so important that David "behaved himself wisely".

It made me think of times when I have felt a great need to "behave myself wisely".  Being careful in word and deed, to not give offense or take offense by the actions of others. They have wanted nothing more than to find fault, use it as an opportunity against me, and take me down. Many times the warning has come to me to just remain silent, and let them pass.

The only way it is possible to behave myself wisely in these situations has been to draw near to the Lord and walk by the spirit. I have felt that armor of protection around me, and absolute peace in the storm because the spirit was with me. All I needed to do was listen to the spirit and I would be safe. As this world has grown increasingly darker, and the insanity of political correctness abounds, I have had the impression to "behave myself wisely" more and more.  I can see now that it was because David "behaved himself wisely" that the Lord was with him.


Day 829

No comments:

Post a Comment