Friday, July 28, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 11:1

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 11:1
"And it came to pass, after the year was expired, at the time when kings go forth to battle, that David sent Joab, and his servants with him, and all Israel; and they destroyed the children of Ammon, and besieged Rabbah. But David tarried still at Jerusalem."

The is the story of David and Bathsheba, and how he tried to cover his sin to the point he has her husband Uriah killed in battle.  For this David lost his exaltation. What I pondered on is where it first went all wrong for him. I kept working my way backward in the story. Until I was back to verse one. "But David tarried still at Jerusalem."  David wasn't where he was suppose to be. It says this was "at the time when kings go forth to battle".  If David had been doing what he was suppose to be doing he never would have slipped down the slop he should have never gotten on. There is protection in being were I need to be, and doing as I am suppose to be doing. The Lord will be with me, and the spirit will be my guide if I am doing as he would have me do.

Day 853

No comments:

Post a Comment