Saturday, July 15, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Samuel 29:8-9

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Samuel 29:8-9
"And David said unto Achish, But what have I done? and what hast thou found in thy servant so long as I have been with thee unto this day, that I may not go fight against the enemies of my lord the king?
And Achish answered and said to David, I know that thou art good in my sight, as an angel of God: notwithstanding the princes of the Philistines have said, He shall not go up with us to battle."

The Philistines are going up to battle against Israel. When they discovered that David and his men are coming with them to fight, they tell Achish to make him return back to the land he had given him. Interesting that they didn't just kick David and his men out of their land completely.

What I see here is a tender mercy of the Lord. David has fled Israel because of Saul. He has been faithful to the man that took him in. Now he was showing his loyalty by being willing to take up arms to defend the land with them. That must have broken his heart to think of fighting against Israel. Now the Philistines are impressed to make him return back to the land where he has been residing among them.

I sat and pondered on times I have been asked to do things I didn't want to do. But, I knew it was right to agree to do so, so I said I would with a heart willing to serve. Then the thing was called off, changed or told I was no longer needed. I have always felt it was a tender mercy of the Lord.


Day 840

No comments:

Post a Comment