Saturday, July 22, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 5:3, 10, 12

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 5:3, 10, 12
"So all the elders of Israel came to the king of Hebron; and king David made a league with them in Hebron before the Lord; and they anointed David king over Israel.
And David went on, and grew great, and the Lord God of hosts was with him.
And David perceived that the Lord had established him king over Israel, and that he had exalted his kingdom for his people Israel's sake.

I cried when I read that David was finally anointed king over Israel. I wonder if the people did too?  Finally Israel has a righteous king. I pondered on how David grew great. First he knew it was the Lord that had done this for Israel's sake, not David's. That would leave you with a lot of humility. Then in verses 19 & 23 it says "David inquired of the Lord" and in verse 25 "David did so, as the Lord had commanded him."  This shows David obedience and faithfulness to the Lord's will. I love David these are the traits I would want too.


Day 847

No comments:

Post a Comment