Saturday, July 8, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Samuel 22:2, 22

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Samuel 22:2, 22
"And every one that was in distress, and every one that was in debt, and every one that was discontented, gathered themselves unto him; and he became a captain over them: and there were with him about four hundred men.
Abide thou with me, fear not: for he that seeketh my life seeketh thy life: but with me thou shalt be in safeguard."

I had a really hard time reading this chapter and shed many tears. I just saw how crazed Saul was, and was determined to kill David. He went as far as having 85 priests killed, all because one gave bread and a sword to David, and inquired of the Lord for him. When Saul first commanded his servants to kill the priests of the Lord they refused. Then Doeg the Edomite carried out this horrific deed. It only takes one wicked person to carry out the evil words of another.

I just sat and mourned for the priests, for David, for his family. All those that were distressed, because I could see such a thing coming in my day. The freedom of religion is on shaky ground. Insanity abounds. How quick people take offense, and how quickly they justify their actions in response. I see how out of control Saul is, and I can see how out of control anyone without the Lord can become. I pondered on the importance of the gathering of the saints, and who my safeguard truly is.


Day 833

No comments:

Post a Comment