Friday, July 7, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Samuel 21:4, 6

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Samuel 21:4, 6
"And the priest answered David, and said, There is no common bread under mine hand, but there is hallowed bread; if the young men have kept themselves at least from women.
So the priest gave him hallowed bread: for there was no bread there but the shewbread, that was taken from before the Lord, to put hot bread in the day when it was taken away."

I followed the footnote for "hallowed bread" and it took me to Moroni 4:3 which is the sacramental prayer on the bread. Then I see that this was also called the shewbread that only the priest are allowed to eat. I hadn't put it together until now that the shewbread was connected to the sacrament bread. It so makes sense because the law of Moses points to Christ and the elements of the sacrament represent the body of Christ. I have something new to ponder on during the sacrament. For now I went to Luke 6 and read what Christ said about shewbread.


Day 832

No comments:

Post a Comment