Monday, July 31, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 14:30-31

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 14:30-31
"Therefore he said unto his servants, See, Joab's field is near mine, and he hath barley there; go and set it on fire. And Absalom's servants set the field on fire.
The Joab arose, and came to Absalom unto his house, and said unto him, Wherefore have thy servants set my field on fire?"

Absalom wants to see his father king David. He kept asking Joab to come see him so he could ask to be sent to the king. Finally, Absalom gets desperate enough that he burned Joab's field to get him to come to him. Not a very nice thing to do but it was effective.

What this made me think about is how sometimes the issues I have before me aren't really the issue. It's something else the Lord is trying to tell me or get my attention on in the matter, or just get me to move in another direction. I will have a trial and while getting through that trial I have been given greater blessings instead. Sometimes the field is on fire because its the only way to get my attention.


Day 856

No comments:

Post a Comment