Monday, July 24, 2017

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 7:20, 22

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 7:20, 22
"And what can David say more unto thee? for thou, Lord God, knowest thy servant.
Wherefore thou art great, O Lord God: for there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears."

This made me ponder on those moments when I say my prayers and am at a loss of what to say. God knows my heart, my trials, my desire, and my needs. I feel it rote to tell them to Him. When I try it seems so hollow.  In such moments I have found what I need to do is tell my God how great thou art. It's not so much a prayer of thanks because my prayers of thanks are just focusing on me and what I have received. Instead these prayers just worship God and acknowledge all that he had done. How wondrous and glorious he is. Truly praises to a God and King. I have seen my prayers that don't even reach the ceiling, turn to prayers the reach the heavens. I am learning to be grateful when I feel like my prayers are hollow, because that is when I change them to acknowledging God's great works, and the contrast could not be any greater. My God always acknowledges he has heard me.


Day 849

No comments:

Post a Comment